Re: Build r1059 / r1060

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> Frank Bennett wrote:
> > --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Frank Bennett" <bennett78@>
wrote:

> >> I just checked in a EEschema feature to Backannotate
> >> Footprints from a stuff file back into a schematic.

I will not announce this feature in the FAQ until it finds
component instances by ref correctly (bug: backanno.cpp)

For voluntary testers:
(test case: demos/interf_u/ which has refs in schematic and
a netlist with footprints)

Use case:
Feature Requests item #1815423, was opened at 2007-10-17 16:05
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bennett78

To close the design loop in EEschema add a BackAnnotate button:
that reads the cvpcb "stuff file" and updates the components by
reference designator with the footprint info. A placeholder (F2)
already exists to hold the footprint in the schematics file.

The process for keeping the schematic up to date would be:
eeschema:
o enter starting schematic
o output initial netlist annotated with ref designators
cvpcb:
o read initial netlist
o add footprint info
o output modified netlist & stuff list (with footprint info)
pcbnew:
o the modified netlist could be used to start initial placement
o save working pcb
eeschema:
o backannotate footprint info from stuff list
o modify schematic if desired, maybe change a few footprints
o output updated netlist (containing footprints)
pcbnew:
o import updated netlist with new components, optionally removed
unused parts no longer in netlist
o place new components

> Frank,
>
> Problems with this new file:

I tried to model my code after eeschema files....
After I gutted EDGE_MODULE::Show everything cmade ok in Debug
Build.

Where is the howto for a UNICODE, DOXYGEN Build?

thanks,
Frank

> 1) This file eeschema/backanno.cp did not compile when built for
> UNICODE. Most developers are using the unicode builds to catch these
> kinds of errors. The ASCII build will often compile where the UNICODE
> build will not. So it is easiest simply to use the UNICODE
development
> environment.
> It compiles for UNICODE, but I did not test my changes by running this
> new function, ProcessStuffFile().
>

> 2) Ran the result through uncrustify.
>

> 3) The DOXYGEN program wants and needs your function comment to go into
> the header file, not in the *.cpp, and it needs to be like a Javadoc
> comment. I know that there are plenty of other examples in the code
> which do not do this, but those are not recently written functions.
In
> the last year as Jean-Pierre and I have written new code, we have tried
> to get a decent DOXYGEN output from the comments.

I will look into this.

> More below:
>

> >> eeschema builds, but pcbnew has some trouble. What is missing?
> >>

> > Just the Debug cmake build, the Release build is ok.
> >
> >> CMakeFiles/cvpcb.dir/__/__/__/pcbnew/class_edge_mod.o: In function
> >> `EDGE_MODULE::Show(int, std::basic_ostream<char,
> >> std::char_traits<char> >&)':
> >> /s/opt/svn/kicad/trunk/kicad/pcbnew/class_edge_mod.cpp:550: undefined
> >> reference to `BOARD_ITEM::ShowShape(Track_Shapes)'
> >> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >>

> I added class_board_item.* to the cvpcb build.

Ok.