Re: Tagging kicad-2008-07-15

Ayan Öztürk wrote:

No idea why this is important if you can check out the source
code using
subversion. You can check out the tagged version or the HEAD.
this list for "subversion".

Dick

it is important (for me at least) because i want to make a package of kicad for a linux distro and build it from its source code. So i need something like sf.net <http://sf.net> to download the source code from. Because i dont want to tar.gz all files from svn myself and put some website.. :)

Imagine a process which resulted in a directory tree which was the same as extracting from a tar.gz file. Using such a process, the resulting directory tree is the same, and all files in that tree are the same, yet it did not come from expanding a tar.gz file.

This is such a process:

svn co https://kicad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kicad/tags/kicad-2008-07-15
svn co https://kicad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kicad/tags/kicad-doc-2008-07-15

So I'd like to repeat my original question, see above.

Dick