Re: Re: Versioning and multiple kicad Sites.

Richard A Burton a écrit :
> BTW, it would be great to harmonize the different sites where one
> can download Kicad Just look at these links...
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145591
> http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (frame
> "download") http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/change_log.txt

I agree. I'd think the best option would be to move all the offical
downloads to sourceforge. That way any of the project admins can
upload releases or source bundles. Everything gets archived and
mirrored without any extra effort and at no expense
(bandwidth/diskspace) to JP. In fact the entire site could be moved
to the SF hosting, though perhaps JP wouldn't want that as it might
feel like loosing too much control.

Richard.

As you know, i am a teacher in "IUT de Saint Martin d'Hères.(France)"
An IUT is like a school.
This is not a company, but like a company, human problems are importants:

http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/kicad/ (and http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/cao/ for download files) is my main site because it is an official site in the IUT,
and Kicad *must* be hosted here (I use it at work).
There is on this serveur only stable and full versions , and it is also used by my students (in fact kicad was written for them). This site is easy to maintain for me and this is the prefered "personnal" site.

As a teacher in IUT, i am also at a researcher at LIS now called GIPSA (this is a research laoboratory) http://www.gipsa-lab.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/ is the official GIPSA site for kicad.
This is not a server, there is here just a Web page.

You must consider these 2 sites as a part of my work:
just like a company must have an official site, even if it also use a sourceforge site.

The last site:
http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/ is an obsolete site but i have no control on it.

http://kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki is useful because volunteers can work on it. No problems to have official releases and snapshots on sourceforge, but a volunteer is needed to maintain them (i cannot make all the work).
Mainly, this also involves info updates on sourceforge pages.
I know there are volunteers.

These differents sites on sourceforge were created by volunteers, not by me (this is not a problem for me, just the proof kicad has some enthusiasts users).
So i do not intend to remove or change these sites.
These volunteers must work together.
But once again, i cannot make all the work

Just guys who created this sites must be aware the links to "my official site" or "author's site" must be
http://iut-tice.ujf-grenoble.fr/kicad/

Specially on kicad.sourceforge.net/wiki i am unable to edit the "english Kicad homepage", and the obsolete link must be updated

--

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
46, Avenue Félix Viallet