Re: Cross-Compiling under Linux for Windows

2008/9/5 Mateusz Skowroński <skowri@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> I've tried to cross-compile under linux and it works! It is a hack though.

Very Nice! Gratuluję :-)

> 13. Edit the MinGWResourceCompiler.cmake in the CMakeModules
> directory. Change the windres.exe command to i586-mingw32msvc-windres

This step is broken in KiCad's CMAKE files at all. There is a script
in CMake which is looking for RC compiler, but it is currently broken
and cannot find windres.exe. There is a patch in their bug repository
(http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=7235) which helps with
that. I promised myself that I will publish patch for KiCad's CMAKE
files, but currently I do not trust my own changes - it compiles under
Windows but I do not know is it stable under Linux.

> I know these instructions are very rough, but I hope they will be helpful.
>
> Happy cross-compiling!

Please consider putting this manual into Wiki.

Michał