Re: eeschema NUMBER_OF_FIELDS

Karl,

Without looking at the source, I'll say this:

it might be less work to accomplish this with a compile time option rather than a configuration file option.

Can you build the source yourself?

If so, maybe we can pursue a compile time option for starters, then maybe add a config file variable in the future which is likely more work.

I may spend a few minutes studying the source if you can say that the compile time option would be acceptable. This means you would have a non-standard Kicad, but you can always apply your patch to any source you pull down. More time than that I do not have.

Dick

Karl Schmidt wrote:
I'm digging through the source of 20080825c - it looks like the number of fields is determined by :

eeschema/component_class.h

Any possibility of making this a user definable value? I'm bumping into the limit of 8 user fields.

,..

The way I've used this on other systems is as follows:

* Value (not to be confused with the Value/Chip Name) This field can be used with resistors, capacitors etc and have the resistance value.

* Description - a brief string that describes the part ie 256K Eprom, 1/4 watt resistor.

* manu1 - First manufacturer

* manu1# - First manufacturer's part number

* manu2 - Second manufacturer

* manu2# - Second manufacturer's part number

* Vendor1 - Who distributes manu1's part

* Vendor2 - Who distributes manu2's part

* Pricing - I put info like $.002 in 10,000s

Karl Schmidt EMail Karl@...
Transtronics, Inc. WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049 FAX (785) 841-0434