Re: Using wxpack for compiling Kicad

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> yajeed2000 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Has anyone used the following development environment for
compiling Kicad?

> > http://wxpack.sourceforge.net/
> >

> > If not, would anyone like to consider testing it as it seems to
> > contain all the elements required (apart from boost).
> > I'm speaking as a newbie who just wants to find an easier way of
> > compiling Kicad. I tried following the instructions provided in
> > earlier post, but could not make it work for some reason.
> > What do you think?
> >
> > David.
> >

> No thanks, CMAKE works fine for me.
>
> You would find it easier to build Kicad on Linux than on Windows
because
> of the package management systems available there. It basically skips
> the steps of installing boost, msys, and wxwidgets, that torment a
> Windows would be builder of Kicad.
>
> But then, it would be a mistake to think that everyone with the step by
> step guide should be able to build Kicad on Windows. I would not try
> brain surgery, even with a step by step guide. But said step by step
> guide might be useful to a brain surgeon.
>
> You are welcome to try the tool that interests you and let us know what
> you think.
>
> Dick

I agree with you Dick, but some people still *like* windows more than
other good alternatives. And to lazy to learn something useful and not
so ugly commercial.

Look after mac they are commercial but in a more elegant way! It works
and nothing more.

wxpack is just an prebuild wxWidgets Package for windows.

Just give it a try and let Jean-Pierre know, if it works well we could
add it in the how-to-build-on-windows svn repository.

Jerry