Re: pcbnew - thermal stubs

Hi

I have implemented a solution proposed by Jean-Pierre but there is a
real problem of determing which point to test to be sure that there
is a zone area to connect to. If you have SO footprint the alghorithm I
wrote works correctly. But if there is a TQFP footprint with much
smaller raster you acctualy test for zone too far away, and you can
remove zone (with thermals) from neighbour pad, if it is on the same
NET. The solution is to use more points to test where is the zone, and
to test if the point is on the pad. This can make zone calculation even
slower, I didn't test how fast is TestIfPointIsInsideZone(), does anyone
knows.

For calculating the points for testing it would be very convinient and
fast to use vector calculations. Is there already any vector(matrix)
computational library already in use in this project?

Rok

jean-pierre charras - INPG pravi: