Re: Debugging KiCad

2009/2/13 jean-pierre.charras@... <jean-pierre.charras@...>:
> Brian Sidebotham a écrit :
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I want to look at the bug in printing under linux which appears to be
> broken at the moment.
>
> What is the bug you are talking about?
> I tested printing and its works fine for me.
>
> ( Of course using last wxGTK version, patched as said in COMPILING.txt )

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I presume this is the patch you mean:

Patch for printing wide traces that were showing missing rounded end caps:
wxGTK-2.8.6/src/generic/dcpsg.cpp
line 1634
PsPrint( "%%EndProlog\n" );

must be
PsPrint( "%%EndProlog\n" );
PsPrint("%%BeginSetup\n");
PsPrint( "1 setlinecap\n" );
PsPrint("%%EndSetup\n");

This is in the "OLD STUFF NOT PERTINENT TO CMAKE" part of
COMPILING.txt and so I'm not sure if anybody actually notices it.
COMPILING.txt suggests that this is not needed if using Cmake.

However, I do think that patch is what would fix the problems that
people have reported here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2149301&group_id=145591&atid=762476

The sample PDF shows that the problem is with pen end caps.

If the bug is fixed in later WxWidgets versions, then I guess the bug
report can be closed.

Best Regards,

Brian.