Re: Debugging KiCad

Brian Sidebotham a écrit :

> 2009/2/13 jean-pierre. charras@inpg. fr
> <mailto:jean-pierre.charras%40inpg.fr> <jean-pierre. charras@inpg. fr
> <mailto:jean-pierre.charras%40inpg.fr>>:
> > Brian Sidebotham a écrit :
> >
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I want to look at the bug in printing under linux which appears to be
> > broken at the moment.
> >
> > What is the bug you are talking about?
> > I tested printing and its works fine for me.
> >
> > ( Of course using last wxGTK version, patched as said in COMPILING.txt )
>
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> I presume this is the patch you mean:
>
> Patch for printing wide traces that were showing missing rounded end caps:
> wxGTK-2.8.6/ src/generic/ dcpsg.cpp
> line 1634
> PsPrint( "%%EndProlog\ n" );
>
> must be
> PsPrint( "%%EndProlog\ n" );
> PsPrint("%%BeginSet up\n");
> PsPrint( "1 setlinecap\n" );
> PsPrint("%%EndSetup \n");
>
> This is in the "OLD STUFF NOT PERTINENT TO CMAKE" part of
> COMPILING.txt and so I'm not sure if anybody actually notices it.
> COMPILING.txt suggests that this is not needed if using Cmake.
>
> However, I do think that patch is what would fix the problems that
> people have reported here:
>
> http://sourceforge. net/tracker/ index.php? func=detail& aid=2149301&
> group_id= 145591&atid= 762476
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2149301&group_id=145591&atid=762476>
>
> The sample PDF shows that the problem is with pen end caps.
>
> If the bug is fixed in later WxWidgets versions, then I guess the bug
> report can be closed.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian.

Yes.

I submited this bug a long time ago to wxWidgets team. Alas! nothing
happened
In a wxWidgets forum, i also saw dcpsg.cpp was considered to be fully
outdated.
But i believe guys who are working about wxWidegtes have a lot of work
and cannot work on it.

I am thinking this bug also is in wxMAC version.

Perhaps can you try to submit this bug, with better explanations i did.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche
38400 Saint Martin d'Heres

--------------070302020402000707040707 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
Brian Sidebotham a &eacute;crit&nbsp;:
cite="mid:b845d95d0902131047k3ad46589g33df669610411d9a@..."
type="cite">
content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
href="mailto:jean-pierre.charras%40inpg.fr";>jean-pierre. charras@inpg.
fr</a> &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:jean-pierre.charras%40inpg.fr";>jean-pierre. charras@inpg.
fr</a>&gt;:<br>
&gt; Brian Sidebotham a &eacute;crit&nbsp;:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Guys,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I want to look at the bug in printing under linux which appears to
be<br>
&gt; broken at the moment.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; What is the bug you are talking about?<br>
&gt; I tested printing and its works fine for me.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ( Of course using last wxGTK version, patched as said in
COMPILING.txt )<br>
Hi Jean-Pierre,<br>
I presume this is the patch you mean:<br>
Patch for printing wide traces that were showing missing rounded end
caps:<br>
wxGTK-2.8.6/ src/generic/ dcpsg.cpp<br>
line 1634<br>
PsPrint( "%%EndProlog\ n" );<br>
must be<br>
PsPrint( "%%EndProlog\ n" );<br>
PsPrint("%%BeginSet up\n");<br>
PsPrint( "1 setlinecap\n" );<br>
PsPrint("%%EndSetup \n");<br>
This is in the "OLD STUFF NOT PERTINENT TO CMAKE" part of<br>
COMPILING.txt and so I'm not sure if anybody actually notices it.<br>
COMPILING.txt suggests that this is not needed if using Cmake.<br>
However, I do think that patch is what would fix the problems that<br>
people have reported here:<br>
<a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&amp;aid=2149301&amp;group_id=145591&amp;atid=762476";>http://sourceforge.
net/tracker/ index.php? func=detail&amp; aid=2149301&amp; group_id=
145591&amp;atid= 762476</a><br>
The sample PDF shows that the problem is with pen end caps.<br>
If the bug is fixed in later WxWidgets versions, then I guess the bug<br>
report can be closed.<br>
Best Regards,<br>
Brian.<br>
Yes.<br>
I submited this bug a long time ago to wxWidgets team. Alas! nothing
happened<br>
In a wxWidgets forum, i also saw dcpsg.cpp was considered to be fully
outdated.<br>
But i believe guys who are working about wxWidegtes have a lot of work
and cannot work on it.<br>
I am thinking this bug also is in wxMAC version.<br>
Perhaps can you try to submit this bug, with better explanations i did.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Ma&icirc;tre de conf&eacute;rences
Directeur d'&eacute;tudes 2ieme ann&eacute;e.
G&eacute;nie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche