Re: Module position file

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

> Is our file format for the menu choice "Post Process" | "Generate
> Modules Position" any kind of standard? (The *.pos files.) Are people
> relying on this file format to adhere to some standard? If it is our
> own format, then I would ask why we need a separate file for each side
> of the board. We have the column which says which layer the component
> is on, and I would prefer that there only be one file, not one for each
> side. The column is redundant or the 2nd file is redundant.
>
> The nice thing about having a single file is it makes it easier to do a
> diff on the files generated from two revisions of the board. This can
> reduce the amount of work involved in reprogramming a pick and place
> machine as a result of a board spin.
>
> What are others' thoughts?
>
> Dick

This file format is only what is asked by my board manufacturer.
I do not know if this is a standard.

Rather than changing this format, i prefer to have the possibility to
generate different format, and of course some standard formats, if exists.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche
38400 Saint Martin d'Heres

--------------050300060903040402080506 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
Dick Hollenbeck a &eacute;crit&nbsp;:
content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
Modules Position" any kind of standard? (The *.pos files.) Are people <br>
relying on this file format to adhere to some standard? If it is our <br>
own format, then I would ask why we need a separate file for each side <br>
of the board. We have the column which says which layer the component <br>
is on, and I would prefer that there only be one file, not one for each
side. The column is redundant or the 2nd file is redundant.<br>
The nice thing about having a single file is it makes it easier to do a
diff on the files generated from two revisions of the board. This can <br>
reduce the amount of work involved in reprogramming a pick and place <br>
machine as a result of a board spin.<br>
What are others' thoughts?<br>
Dick<br>
This file format is only what is asked by my board manufacturer.<br>
I do not know if this is a standard.<br>
Rather than changing this format, i prefer to have the <span
class="clickable" onclick='dr4sdgryt(event,"Ox")'>possibility </span>to
generate different format, and of course some standard formats, if
exists.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Ma&icirc;tre de conf&eacute;rences
Directeur d'&eacute;tudes 2ieme ann&eacute;e.
G&eacute;nie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche