Re: Module position file

jean-pierre.charras@... wrote:
Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

Is our file format for the menu choice "Post Process" | "Generate
Modules Position" any kind of standard? (The *.pos files.) Are people
relying on this file format to adhere to some standard? If it is our
own format, then I would ask why we need a separate file for each side
of the board. We have the column which says which layer the component
is on, and I would prefer that there only be one file, not one for each
side. The column is redundant or the 2nd file is redundant.

The nice thing about having a single file is it makes it easier to do a
diff on the files generated from two revisions of the board. This can
reduce the amount of work involved in reprogramming a pick and place
machine as a result of a board spin.

What are others' thoughts?

Dick

This file format is only what is asked by my board manufacturer.
I do not know if this is a standard.

Can your board manufacture accept a single file containing the exact same information as now, except that that single file has components for both the front and back of the board in the single file?

Rather than changing this format, i prefer to have the possibility to generate different format, and of course some standard formats, if exists.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS