Gnucap, kicad, and summer of code.

Hi .. I am the main author of Gnucap. I would like to get
Gnucap and Kicad to interoperate.

Gnucap is participating in the Google Summer of code under the
GNU project.

There is a list of suggested projects at:
http://wiki.gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=gnucap:projects

One of the projects listed is format translation. There is a
need for a driver, and several plugins for specific formats.

Another possibility is a Dbus interface plugin, in hopes of real
interaction between the simulator and schematic, like you get
with Multisim (a commercial simulator).

My reason for posting here is that one of the needed formats is
to interoperate with kicad, both schematic and layout. There's
a possibility of such a project under the Google Summer of
Code, and I want to invite someone here to apply. The deadline
is April 3.

Even if nothing comes out of this SoC opportunity, I still want
for Gnucap and Kicad to work together, and am open to ideas.

al.

Follow ups