Re: Latest SVN commits.

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> No objections to your suggestions.

The only change that I suggested that I though might cause some issues
was the UI changes. The rest of it was getting the code base cleaned up
and simplified which makes life easier for developers. I really would
like to see Kicad use some of the higher level wxWidgets classes such as
the document and view classes. There is some nice undo/redo support
already built in to wxWidgets but the current Kicad design makes using
it nearly impossible. I think this is one of the features Kicad really
needs as far as the end user is concerned.

> It can be frustrating when changes a person makes are reversed out, so I
> think seeking agreement is wise. It might eliminate some frustration.

I remember seeing the button text colors finding their way back into the
annotation dialog and thinking why did I waste my time. You have some
experience in this area as well if I am not mistaken.

> However, folks forget, and make mistakes. But I think with an agreement
> in place you can catch somebody breaking it earlier than later. :)

That was my goal was to inform everyone the changes I see as a way for
Kicad to continue to move forward. I figure if I don't get too many
objections in the next few days, I'll start moving ahead with them.

> Thanks for all your work!

You are certainly welcome.

Wayne