Re: Several Problems with kicad on osx

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Marco Serantoni" <marco.serantoni@...>wrote:

> > "is if "DEBUG" is defined somewhere but I could not figure out where orwhy this was going on (see this post. I decided to simply modify the boostfiles concerned to work aroaund this problem. By renaming the "check" function and its called I was able to get kicad compiling again. Sadly it does not fix the serious flaws in wxmacs graphics implimentation ie. the fact that it does not do XOR draws properly.Anyway here are the diffs I made"
> >

> > Ok thanks for that tip. I have been able to get the program to compile with out errors. However, it will not run, crashes when I try and open theapp. The error report makes reference to wx as being the problem.
> >
> > There were warnings during the cMake process. Most of it was surrounding a carbon draw canvas class, AGL or something to that effect being depreciated. So close but still so far away.
>
> Those are normal, have you compiled your wx-win libraries as stated in COMPILE.txt ?
> They must be static linked not dynamical.

I did compile as static but there seems to be some issues regarding compiling as universal and lipo not being able to resolve the architectures. For ./configure I declaired monolithic, the mac-10.4u.sdk (also tried 10.5.sdk) toolset=darwin.

Any suggestions?

Is it possible that I need to compile an older version of wx to get this working?