Re: Re: SVN Rev 1734 Can't load schematics

2009/4/20 jean-pierre charras - INPG <jean-pierre.charras@...>:
> Brian Sidebotham a écrit :
>>

>> 2009/4/19 Brian Sidebotham <brian.sidebotham@ gmail.com
>> <mailto:brian.sidebotham%40gmail.com>>:
>> > Hi Guys,
>> >
>> > Been a while since I've mailed. I have just compiled SVN Rev 1734 on
>> > windows XP using WxWidgets 2.8.10 and eechema fails to load any
>> > schematics. It simply comes up with a dialog box titled Error with the
>> > information "Loading C:\Filename. sch" every time it tries to open a
>>
>> Just to be a bit more verbose (Amazing how you read things differently
>> as soon as you press the send button!). "Loading C:\Filename. sch" is
>> not literal, it does represent a valid path to a good schematic file.
>>
> I am unable to recreate this problem.
> can you send more info (do you run eeschema from kicad.exe or alone,
> what is the full name (with full path) of of the schematic you want open
> by eeschema ...)
> On my computer eeschema runs ok.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for the response, sorry I have been slow in responding. I have
just updated my source tree to rev1736 and recompiled. I get the same
problem. I compiled a debug version and started eeschema with gdb
insight with a breakpoint after the file opel modal dialog. However I
can't reach that part of the code because eeschema falls over before
this.

The problem ocurrs when I hover the mouse over the filename I want to
open. gdb gives me a couple of messages:

Lowest section in C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll is .rsrc at 00011000
section .text not found in C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2red.dll

This debug version seg faults. Here is the information from an insight session:

---

(gdb) directory /mingw/home/brian/kicad-sources
Source directories searched: /mingw/home/brian/kicad-sources;$cdir;$cwd

(gdb) directory /mingw/home/brian/wxMSW-2.8.10
Source directories searched:
/mingw/home/brian/wxMSW-2.8.10;/mingw/home/brian/kicad-sources;$cdir;$cwd

(gdb) file eeschema.exe
(gdb) break files-io.cpp:66
Breakpoint 1 at 0x497a9a: file
d:/MinGW/home/brian/kicad-sources/eeschema/files-io.cpp, line 66.

(gdb) run
Starting program:
D:\MinGW\home\brian\kicad-sources\build\debug\eeschema/eeschema.exe
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll
Loaded symbols for
C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\X86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.5512_x-ww_35d4ce83\comctl32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\comdlg32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
Loaded symbols for D:\MinGW\bin\mingwm10.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll
Loaded symbols for C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll

Breakpoint 1, WinEDA_SchematicFrame::LoadOneEEProject (this=0x9121d78,
FileName=@0x22f2cc, IsNew=false) at
d:/MinGW/home/brian/kicad-sources/eeschema/files-io.cpp:66
Current language: auto; currently c++

[Switching to thread 3752.0xfd0]
0x00296140 in ferror ()

---

This segfault happens when I hover the mouse over the schematic file
in the file dialog. I'm afraid from here I don't really know how to
proceed. Any further help would be greatfully received.

If I use gdb with the release version eeschema, although producing the
two messages about xpsp2res.dll does not segfault, but shows the
dialog I explained in my previous email saying it cannot load the
schematic file.

Best Regards,

Brian.