Re: Joining the dev group

2009/4/30 Vesa Solonen <vsolonen@...>:

> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Matt Wright wrote:
>
>> While I was using Kicad there were a few features that would have improved
>> my own personal usage,
>> particularly in gerbview. One of these is the ability to mirror blocks
>> (maybe not much use if you're
>> getting the pcb manufactured, but I use it for home etching).
>
> Could you explain a bit more why would you need block mirroring in home
> etching? Doesn't mirrored printing or plotting work?

Oh, wait.. I get what you mean now. Yeah, the Mirror option in the
print dialog would have worked in this situation - I have no idea how
I managed to miss that, sorry.

That does remove a lot of the situations where I would have used the
block mirror. I'll leave it up to you guys whether it is of sufficient
usefulness to include or not. I'll try to check a little more
thoroughly in future before suggesting modifications.