kicad save file format

Hi,

My name is Damien RANNOU, I'm a hardware and software developer in a French company, and I use kicad since 3 years ago (I was using it in a french robotic association).

I recently commited some modifications in eeschema and pcbnew, to be able to write multilines text. I found some bugs, that I'm trying to fix. The biggest one is that if you save a eeschema with a multiline Text, you will not be able to load it because file format doesn't allow multiline text.

I have a question about file save format : wouldn't it be interesting to use XML file format instead of actual kicad file format ? Xml parser are integrated in wxWidget (for example :http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Object_serialization_using_XTI_and_XML). Using XML file format would be interesting for interoperability, cleaner save code in object (because wxwidget make a lot) and cleaner backup code (why do not use the same structure between classical objects and Text (and other things) ?)

Tell me what you think about it.

Regards,

Damien RANNOU

www.diateam.net