Re: kicad save file format

Damien RANNOU wrote:
Hi,

My name is Damien RANNOU, I'm a hardware and software developer in a French company, and I use kicad since 3 years ago (I was using it in a french robotic association).

I recently commited some modifications in eeschema and pcbnew, to be able to write multilines text. I found some bugs, that I'm trying to fix.
This sounds like you created a bug, not found a bug.

The biggest one is that if you save a eeschema with a multiline Text, you will not be able to load it because file format doesn't allow multiline text.

It is good to know where you are going before you begin your trip. I agree that the file format cannot support your changes. But this is an involved discussion that cannot be made by one person, especially one that just arrived. I suggest you look at all previous postings about file formats.

Thanks,

Dick