Re: Re: Layers visibility

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
are we ready to move to the evaluation and clarification phase of brainstorming?

This is the last call for fresh ideas!

OK, let's move on then.

Here are some characteristics that we can use to evaluate the various proposals with:

1** Number of mouse clicks to change a layer.

2** What is it that shows me the currently selected layer, and how many clicks do I have to use to get that status?

3** How many mouse clicks to turn off a layer.

4** What is it that shows me the current on/off status of any layer, and how many clicks do I have to use to get that status?

5** How much screen real estate do I give up on a *continuous* basis?

6** How is a layer represented, by name, color or both?

7** What does the implementor like? This tends to sway what gets coded.