Re: New file uploaded to kicad-devel

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lorenzo" <lomarcan@...> wrote:
> > Lorenzo, sorry just to add something that can help to discriminate, which of those
> > chooses can leave room for a better implementation to cyrillic/other alphabet writers ?
> As I said the greatest problem is the availability of a free font...
> Hersheys are substantially dead (i.e. need to draw the missing glyph), SHP (SHX
>decompiled) can be Unicode encoded, but I never seen a free one...CXF fonts have the same
>expressive power of SHX (in a saner format:D) but the only multilingual one I found is the
>unicode.cxf supplied with qcad (no idea of its license...);
> So in the meantime the most 'plausible' solution is using the outlines from a
>truetype/type-1 font: probably a light font wouldn't be too bad drawn as outline...
>something like DejaVu would work (they're also available in SFD source form)
> If some people want I could try to hack a ttf converter using freetype (convering quadrics
>to lines is the hardest part :P). The drawing engine would be similar to the current one (but
>would be probably better to read shapes from an external file :)
> Tell me if you're interested

Anwyay i'vent seenthat exists the cyrillic and the japanese version of Hershely fonts "HersheyCyrillic" and "HersheyEUC" and others.
Have those included in the binary and mapped in Unicode could be great.

I'm not confident about fonts but what about to use something like potracelib starting from the machine fonts bitmap and use the output to add to theboard as zones ?
This should enable also to add logos easier.

I still have a couple of things to work on, but if you need an extra help i'm avaiable.

--
Marco

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/plotutils/plotutils_68.html
http://potrace.sourceforge.net/potracelib.pdf