Re: Compiling for Windows under Linux

Hi, just info, Kicad compiled on Linux works on Windows. Check.

Milan Horák napsal(a):
> 4) Had to change windres.exe to i586-mingw32msvc-windres in
> MinGWResourceCompiler.cmake according to Mateusz. I would like to
> find a way to isolate this change to your toolkit file. Can a proper
> variable be injected in your toolkit file so that the standard winres
> variable name can be used in MinGWResourceCompiler.cmake?

I think we can manage it by some host based check in cmake file. Will
check it.

Solved by adding

set(CMAKE_RC_COMPILER i586-mingw32msvc-windres)

to toolchain file. Check.

> 5) We need a copy of your toolkit file committed into the tree, although
> developers should know that this one is considered very "host machine
> dependent" and will need to be edited before use.

Will do. Will make it easily configurable.

==BEGIN==
# the name of the target operating system
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Windows)

# which compilers to use for C and C++
set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER i586-mingw32msvc-gcc)
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER i586-mingw32msvc-g++)
set(CMAKE_RC_COMPILER i586-mingw32msvc-windres)

# where is the target environment located
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH
/usr/i586-mingw32msvc

# change it according to your paths
/home/milan/Development/mingw)

# adjust the default bahaviour of the FIND_XXX() commands:
# search programs in the host environment
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)

# search headers and libraries in the target environment
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)

==END==

Check.

Needed to use mingwm10.dll from official package - file not present on Linux.

Libraries needed for Kicad to work:

mingwm10.dll
wxbase28u_gcc_custom.dll
wxbase28u_net_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_adv_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_core_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_gl_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw28u_html_gcc_custom.dll

Added package to kicad.1301.cz. Check.

Milan

> Last is a question:
>
> Were you able to build wxWidgets for Windows on Linux?

Yes, wxWidgets I'm talking about are compiled on Linux for Windows }By
Mateusz's guide).

Milan