Re: Feedback and wishlist

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Getting it to work, or learning it?

Getting JNLP to work. With OpenJDK, all I get is
netx: Spec version not supported (supports 1.0)

I also tried various other packages that are supposed to provide
JNLP, with little more success.

> What platform are you having a problem getting it to work on? Did you
> ask for help on the freerouting.net forum?

This is on Ubuntu, a happy mixture of hardy (8.04), intrepid (8.10),
and karmic (9.10).

I didn't ask on the forum yet because I thought doing that while I
was pissed off at having to jump through all those hoops in the
first place wouldn't be such a good moment for trying to phrase a
polite question :)

> Kicad had *no chance* of routing my 6 layer board.

You mean the autorouter ? I wonder if anyone actually uses it.

> The manual push and shove routing is
> priceless and world class.

Probably 8 layers here. We haven't gotten to the layout yet, but
I'd rather not have to find out how we fare entirely with manual
routing :)

Thanks,
- Werner