Re: Feedback and wishlist

> to create their own database with parts. Local database could be hold
> as SQLite, but we should keep file format as transfer files for users
> wanting to share their new parts without repositories. This system
> should be transparent for beginners with KiCad and should allow
> advanced configuration only on demand.

What it seems like people are saying, is there is a lack of a good archive website. If the parts are to remain readable plain text, which I am in favor of, shouldn't someone just commit to setting up a decent website with an archive, which would most likely include a database.

The current system works quite well for me, although if the intention is toinclude SPICE or other simulation data we might need a database to keep track of all the parts, but again a website would be the most simple solution.