Re: Re: Feedback and wishlist

2009/7/8 dioiioib <dioiioib@...>:

>> to create their own database with parts. Local database could be hold
>> as SQLite, but we should keep file format as transfer files for users
>> wanting to share their new parts without repositories. This system
>> should be transparent for beginners with KiCad and should allow
>> advanced configuration only on demand.
>
> What it seems like people are saying, is there is a lack of a good archive
> website. If the parts are to remain readable plain text, which I am in favor
> of, shouldn't someone just commit to setting up a decent website with an
> archive, which would most likely include a database.
>
> The current system works quite well for me, although if the intention is to
> include SPICE or other simulation data we might need a database to keep
> track of all the parts, but again a website would be the most simple
> solution.

I am thinking about such service, but have no time to implement stubs
showing some of functionalities. I would like to have a parts review
with suggested module packaging and advanced search criteria. The
problem is that different types of parts have different types of
important criteria what creates multidimensional relations between
data and I never do such database.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...