Re: Export for 3D CAD

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Manveru <manveru@...> wrote:

> > With the export of 3D does it handle the entire board as one object or does
> > each part remain a distinct object in the VRML file?
> >

> Good question.

ATM I generate one object for each layer (via by type, drill holes are in the EDGE layer... so it's easy to extract the mechanical board) and one object for each component, containing the vrml model.

Since I'm triangle-bagging of course I could do any separation you want (i.e. separating component pads or something).

For me the most useful thing would just be the edge layer, with maybe silksand component models (for drillings). We need to thing about the option dialogs to propose useful options.