Re: Net Classes

2009/9/14 Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>:

>> Hey Dick,
>>
>> I just compiled SVN, the netclass support in pcbnew looks great -
>> really looking forward to putting it to good use. Thanks :)
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Brian.
>
> Thanks.  Once the specctra_export is completed and Jean-Pierre's work on
> automatically selecting track widths and vias is done, then I think this
> will really help take Kicad to the next level.  Imagine being able to
> route power traces and have them automatically be wider than your low
> current signal traces.
>
> The process of selecting a track width, as it has been done, can
> probably be killed off in favor of the netclass support instead.
>
> It will certainly pull in some new customers,    oops, I mean users.

Yes, it will make a big difference. I'm looking forward to having
larger vias automatically for the power nets aswell. It's all good and
it certainly does make KiCAD much better, as does Jean-Pierre's
efforts on the undo and redo in pcbnew. That is another big thing that
will be very beneficial for pcbnew, so thanks to Jean-Pierre too, and
Wayne and of course everybody else who is putting in the effort.

Best Regards,

Brian.