Re: Kicad build fails with Boost 1.34 (documentation

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
$ mkdir svn

$ cd svn

$ svn -r 52863 co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost

svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_40_0/boost/

is another way to get the tree, this is a stable released version, and the newest released version.

I have not tried this, but I encourage you to, and if it works, we might simply write a script for folks to use it.

Dick

Parting thoughts. It may be reasonable to offer a 2 part solution to this problem once and for all:

(1) create a CMake target which is marked with

EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL

that serves to install these boost headers using the svn on tags line above, and does so into <kicad>/include/boost

The EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL flag means that this installation is optional, folks using package management will not want to do this install, so the target will not get triggered unless you invoke it.

(2) we copy the FindBoost.cmake from a recent CMake, and put it into our CMakeModules directory, and enhance it to look in <kicad>/include/boost ALSO, but not exclusively.

This is the best I can offer, I am out of time on it.

Dick