Re: Library work and project librarian?

Ok, but what other people think about web server database?

All we need is to create a simple "package manager". Such program (or widget) should contain of simple ftp client (there is a wxFtp class in wxWidgets) + a tree view (wxTreeCtrl) to allow user select/deselect installed libraries + "upload my library" button.

It would download a list of available libraries from ftp server (this list can also contain additional information like company,type,speed etc.). Parse it and compare with a list of locally stored libraries. The result of this comparison should be presented in list view with checkboxes (wxTreeCtrl).User chooses what he wants to add/remove. Then ftp client downloads requested libraries. That is all. Simple enough!