Re: Re: Library work and project librarian?

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Mateusz wrote:
>>
>>> Could you tell me how this "tags" will be\are implemented in .lib files? Do you need a special tool to add key words, or can it be done via library editor?
>>>
>> When the component library editor saves a component library, two files
>> are created. The .lib file contains the information about how to draw
>> the components, default field values, aliases, etc. The .dcm file
>> contains documentation for each component and component aliases for a
>> library.
>

> I thought I remembered a discussion about removing the dcm files, or
> putting that info into the other file.
>

> Am I imagining this discussion? I honestly cannot remember for sure,
> but I thought Jean-Pierre was OK with removing the dcm files. I think
> long term having to marry two files together may eventually get in our
> way and be cumbersome.

Dick,

These are separate discussions. I discussed merging the two files as
part of the ongoing improvements to the component library object. I
have been slowly adding the base code required to accomplish this in an
unobtrusive manor as possible. When I discussed this with JP, there was
no talk about the library improvements currently being discussed. I am
perfectly fine with not merging them if the proposed library clean ups
will make the .lib file too unwieldy. Currently the .dcm files really
don't have much information in them. If the folks working on the
library improvements add a lot of additional documentation to the .dcm
files then your concerns may be valid. I was thinking primarily from a
developer point of view of have to maintain a separate parser for the
.dcm files. If we choose not to merge them, I will update the file
format documentation.

Wayne