Re: pcbnew very slow under some X11 machines

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

I think we need to start by asking this question: "Is this problem
specific to Kicad or is it general to wxWidgets?"

With my limited understanding it seems there is both to blame. WxDC is not up to efficient complex drawing and Kicad draws everything without caching or grouping graphics primitives. Dot grid drawing code is a very good example.

Running Pcbnew on profiler shows interesting results at least.

-Vesa