Re: Re: pcbnew very slow under some X11 machines

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, emmedics4 wrote:

Vesa do you have tried to see if wxAutoBufferedPaintDC could help in this
situation ?

It should be a easy thing to change also just for a test.

I don't remember ;) I did some testing for redraw flicker removal, but did not get any results. I think wxAutoBufferedPaintDC was also tested though. Immediate mode drawing is not for this day anymore where everything should be scene based for efficient GPU utilisation it seems. In the end there possibly were driver problems that are very efficiently stressed by KiCAD.

-Vesa