kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: New file uploaded to kicad-devel
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> File : /pompa.tar.gz
> Uploaded by : lomarcan77 <lomarcan@...>
> Description : Test case for wrong netlist generation. Can also be published as an example for strictly non-commercial usage
OK this is my test case. As an example is not to be took to seriously altought it is of production quality:P it is meant to be a throw-away proof-of-concept board. The 'strange' component choice (and the mix of THT and SMD one) is because it's designed to be built with the component I have at hand in the workshop at work I.E. a >10A mosfet is NOT the usual choice driving a3-4A load:D:D
Since it is a throwaway if you want you use it as a sample somewhere, just add attribution and a non-commercial notice. Oh well, you would have to write the firmware to make it work, anyway...
If someone is interested I could open source my symbols and module library (but they're optimized for the ISO font, I don't know how they look with the standard one).
A little trick I used: there are TWO ground references here (in industrial work even 3 or 4 are not so rare... just think about insulated interfaces).Since they are connected anyway i devised the funny symbol you can see in the upper left. The two nets can be then routed correctly and the symbol isa 'virtual' module with a 'graphic' line on the copper plane to give the connection AND pass ERC. This way you could also pass a power ground trace inside a signal ground zone fill keeping them separate. It isn't done here but in another job I did so. And it works great (having a 30A load and a thermocouple amplifier on the same board has 'some' ground issues :D)
Now, back to the problem at hand: as you can see in the 'good' netlist an 'old' version of eeschema correctly generate the netlist. At least I hope it's correct since the board is in fab:P
Current kicad (updated yesterday) gives the 'bad' netlist. For example it list D2 as unconnected. Other components are wrong as well.
Also, unrelated, in the module editor trying to enter the attribute editor often segfaults eeschema :(