Re: where footprints come from (was Re: Re: Internal PCB Units?)

Lorenzo wrote:
> Actually zsh because I was lazy and zsh has floating point

Aah, zsh ! How could I forget ... I guess Dick's choice would be
Java. Awk, anyone ? :)

> Anyway it's done like this (snippet):

The template approach looks quite nice.

> http://webstds.ipc.org/ then follow the menu...

I had a look at IPC-2581 now. I'll comment on it in a separate mail.
That one should be equivalent to the spec you had in mind, right ?

> Too bad you have to pay to have the design rules for IPC patterns :(

If all standards would be free and open, so much redundancy would
shift from the work to ones doing it ;-)

- Werner