Re: Building on Mac OSX 10.6.2 fails with wxMac-2.8.10

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wafeliron" <wafeliron@...> wrote:
> I checked latest sources out of SVN and still i can't figure out why i cant compile on OSX. I build wxMac-2.8.10 myself.
> And I run Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a macbook 5,2.
> The check macro can be fixed with a small hack that i committed in Documents/compiling/boos_mac_osx_notes.txt
> This works, but then I get a scope error that the function is not defined. I know you compile and build often for OSX.
> Maybe Marco Serantoni has some tips and tricks. Also I don't like the depreciated warning, is this fixed in wxMac-2.9 SVN? If we can get it compiling and working I hope the OSX users can bundle
> strength to make next release also official for OSX.

Jerry,
Using Snow Leopard you should dump wx-2.8,SnowLeopard doesn't allow you compile some Carbon calls deprecated by years and still used in 2.8.xx.
This is the reason why i'm working principally on 2.9svn, and i'm filing bug reports to wxWin developers.
The last one was this : http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/11581 and was resolved recently as you can seen.

I'm compiling wxWidgets with those settings:
./configure --enable-unicode=yes --enable-shared=no --enable-monolithic--with-opengl --enable-universal_binary --enable-aui --enable-debug --with-osx_cocoa --with-macosx-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/

I've also hacked the configure file to include all three the directives -arch for the needed platforms, sadly build system of wxWidgets is changing too quickly for releasing something written (i've tried with enviroment variables some months ago but was a faliure).

Regarding Kicad the only things i've changed are the Variables:
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURE = x86_64 -arch i386 -arch ppc -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/ -mmacosx-version-min=10.5
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT = /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS = -D__ASSERTMACROS__

The last one if i recall well is your trick to bypass the problems with "check" macro.
Regarding the code in my last build was plain vanilla except the workaround(now almost unusefully) for resolved bug #11581 and the fix on kicad's GetChars() already committed by jean-pierre the 29 December.

I'm confident that we are (al)ready for a not too badly Official release soon.
If you feel i can help you in some way and want to cut times i'm also avaiable on yahoo chat often.

--
Marco