Introduction & DRC patch

Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm an engineer (I've a master's degree in Computer Engineering). I've programming experiences with C, C++, Python, Java, Visual Basic etc. and have worked with the recent versions of the currentleading EDA programs - like Altium Designer, Mentor Graphics Expedition, Cadence Allegro, OrCad and Eagle (OK, Eagle is not state of the art). At university my major fields of interest were Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics and Electronics.

I don't know how much time I can spend developing for KiCad, but perhaps I can help bugtracking, share concepts or similar.

--

I had trouble with KiCad's DRC - have found a bug. The dimension of the track substitute is for oval pads incorrectly calculated; first the start point is wrong and the length should be 2x.
Attached is a patch and a test case.

Bye ..
Torsten

Preisknaller: WEB.DE DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://produkte.web.de/go/02/

 --=-------------12630519673314018279 Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
name="drc.patch"

[Attachment content not displayed.] --=-------------12630519673314018279 Content-Type: application/octet-stream;