Re: Re: R2217 bugs

jean-pierre.charras@... wrote:

> Vesa Solonen a écrit :
>>

>> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, jean-pierre. charras@gipsa- lab.inpg. fr
>> <mailto:jean-pierre.charras%40gipsa-lab.inpg.fr> wrote:
>>
>> > I am not sure wxAutoBufferedPaint is the problem under Linux,
>> because recent
>> > GTK libs are double buffered
>> > and wxAutoBufferedPaint is defined as wxPaintDC in this case (like under
>> > macOSX).
>> > (in fact forcing wxPaintDC instead of wxAutoBufferedPaint does not
>> change
>> > the problem)
>>
>> I'm unsure where the problem lies, but with wxAutoBufferedPaint the
>> drawing is really double buffered --> no flicker on zoom. There has to be
>> a very serious problem if one can get 80% Xorg and 30% PCBnew CPU
>> usage on
>> C2D just by rolling zoom on an empty board (grid dots on). My gut feeling
>> is immediate drawing mode and not using wxGC. Isn't wxDC going to get
>> phased out soon too?
>>
>> Current R2221 doesn't solve stuff, but BCBnew crashes on zoom...
>>
> I never see crashes under various versions of Window and Linux Ubuntu 9.10
> So I am unable to debug this problem.

JP,

I have confirmed this on both 32 and 64 bit Linux (Debian testing) using
wxWidgets 2.8.10. The problem goes away if I build it using the old
grid drawing method. It's is a strange bug. PcbNew does not segfault.
It just exits with a 01 code when I run it in GDB. Any ideas? If I
get a chance I will try to take a closer look at it.

Wayne