Re: wxGCDC (was Re: Re: R2217 bugs)

Hi Marco,

Yes, you're right, the additional cost is another library to maintain. However the bonus is, that it helps to accelerate the drawing speed - exactly because it was optimized for speed. AFAIK even antialiasing should work. It's well supported for Linux / Windows (mingw) / Mac OS X.
I could imagine that for KiCad is a abstract graphics layer is created and different rendering engines are used as plugins (like for instance some emulators use).
I'll play with it at the weekend.

http://redkiing.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/why-sfml-rocks-and-why-you-should-use-it/

Bye..
Torsten