Re: Re: dialog_display_options_base [1 Attachment]

Marco,

Thanks for your efforts, we are really enjoying the results of your work.

If you save off the current *.cpp file, fix up the *.fbp, generate a new *.cpp and do a diff between the old and new *.cpp files, this will offer you some assurance that your *.fbp work is good.

I'm sure you realize what I am about to mention already, but think it needs to be said for the benefit of the group anyway:

1) we are nearing a release, so starting a task that cannot be completed within a couple of weeks is probably best left to be done after the release. (Jean-Pierre should probably set that deadline, don't know that we have one yet? I suspect he waiting for my work, and I am working on PCBNEW layer widget incorporation today and should be done within a day or two.)

2) Work done on somebody else's code has a higher burden of correctness than new work. We don't want to piss off anybody. Dialogs are not easy to do correctly, and some of us have spent a lot of time recently fixing dialogs for expandability, retentitive sizes & positions, capitalization consistent with UIpolicy.txt, spacing, and fonts not fitting within the bounds of their controls. It is difficult for anybody to watch investments like this go up in smoke. New code has a lower burden of correctness, whereas existing code needs to take into consideration the respect for the time spent by those before you. This pertains to copyright notices, etc.

Thanks for your efforts, we are really enjoying the results of your work. As we bring new developers in the front door, it is important that we don't lose old developers out the back door because they have their noses bent out of shape.

Dick