Re: dialog_design_rules_base [1 Attachment]

Marco Serantoni wrote:
Dick,
I've to propose you this change to a dialog for our poor guys that owns few inch square of screen, infact it doesn't fit in smaller screens and the Ok Cancel button exceeds the resolution making it unusable.
I've cut some text and put someone else as a tooltip just to recover some vertical space.

Sometimes a min size is coded in there with wxformbuilder, I think that was the main thing.

I do not have time to work on this or look at it until this weekend. The pay is too low around here.

If the dialog is resizing smaller for you and it still is not looking good, then I can understand why you want to edit it. If it is not resizing smaller, this is another problem.

Dialogs need to be resizeable, down to a point where controls start to get covered up.

Read Wayne's tips in UIpolicy.txt about Fit() and MinSize().

I can first look at it this weekend, my quota on Kicad is up for the week.

Bye,

Dick