Re: Minimum Recommended Screen Resolution

Dick Hollenbeck escreveu:

The cost of converting all the dialogs is far greater than the cost of buying a new computer. I estimate the cost for a qualified developer to go through every dialog in Kicad, reworking most including supporting C++ code, would be in excess of $100,000. Who wants to spend that? Which employer. Would it not be cheaper to buy software, or buy a computer?

The problem of Qualified developer is that it comes down to too few persons. And I would like to thank you, for one, very very much.

There are reasons why this topic came up: 1) you started the thread :) and 2) Lots of dialogs *are* being reworked.

If the ones that are being reworked can be ajusted even partialy, that is fine. What would be nice is to have a consensus and a set of rules for dialogs... Then someone else can work on that :)

Can somebody unqualified (not valuable) do the work? I suppose a university student who is transitioning from unqualified to qualified may be the only kind of person that can afford to do this.

I agree

These are economics, and the reality that will determine the likelihood of our wishes. Economics will rule reality, always has and always will.

Reality sucks, but we get used to it

I wouldn't want any pressure on you because it would be unfair...
Thanks again,
Alain