Re: Any objections to hotkeys being displayed in tooltips?

Yes, as an avid Blender user I can appreciate how essential having hotkeys can be to a speedy workflow.

I'll have a crack this week at labelling the buttons.

Alain Mouette wrote:

That will be very nice, thanks :)

I am looking forward to a day when everything is definable as hotkeys. I
was used with Tango and Orcad to assign a lot of hotkeys, and it ended
up making life easyer...

The real problem with hotkeys, and in what aspect Kicad differs from the
rest, is that I could do many more single key operations. Explaining: if
I wanted to move labels (which is common as the last thing on a board) I
jut had to select the layer, point with the mouse and hit *one key*
for "M"ove... This is so much different than kicad behaviour that I
wonder if it can ever be achieved... Once Move is activated, I could of
course use the subcommands "R", "X" and "Y", which is present in some
Kicad functions but not all.

Alain