Re: Re: Python support in kicad (yes, I am --very --

al davis wrote:
On Friday 26 February 2010, Florian Delizy wrote:

here is a proposal : why not specify and add a plugin
system, and then let the binding be in a separate tree,
maintained by plugin author ? (moreover, plugins are usually
a good thing to have as they allow easier extensions).

The plugin system in Gnucap seems to be working well. You are welcome to use it, and any of my code that implements it.

It is based on standard shared object files (.so on Linux, .dll on Windows), C++ derived classes, and a "dispatcher". I have had it working in the development branch of Gnucap for about two years, and plan to make a stable release soon.

Thank you Al. It looks like nice work and seems to fit your needs well.

For the footprint retrieval plugins we'll have quite a number of functions, and I had something similar but different in mind, a technique that I've used before over many years.

I speak now only for the footprint retrieval base camp (attach point), others may pop up down the road, and have different needs.

I am waiting for enough free time to pursue the work on the one path and will have to get a little more focused, meaning I cannot participate in too much and still get anything done.

Dick