Re: Switchover from sourceforge SVN repos

On 8 April 2010 17:40, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sometime in the next day I hope to complete the switchover of the REPOs to
> launchpad.
>

> 1))))))))))))))
>
> You are encouraged to get yourself setup on bzr and checkout the source code
> from branch named "testing" to a new working directory.
>
> What I used to grab the source branch named "testing", was simply:
>
>   $ cd <to a place just above where I wanted the working copy>
>
>   $ bzr branch lp:kicad  kicad.bzr
>

> The above created a directory below the CWD and called it kicad.bzr.  This
> works because URL "lp:kicad" is mapped to branch Kicad "testing" at
> launchpad.net.
>

> After the switchover, we will not be committing to sourceforge Kicad SVN
> repo(s).
>

> 2))))))))))))))
>
> If you are a C++ programmer and I can tell based on similarity of identity
> between your sourceforge.net ID and your launchpad.net ID, then I will add
> you to kicad-testing-committers.  If after a few days, you are still not in
> there, go to the home page for that team and request entry to the team.  If
> you are not a C++ programmer (based on the history of having committed C++
> code to the SVN repo), then you will not be added to launchpad
> kicad-testing-committers.   However, people finding themselves in this
> situation are considered valuable as translators.   And you should be able
> to do all your work in the "docs" repo, shortly after we move all the
> translation stuff from "testing" to "docs".
>
> I hope this goes smoothly, but I ask for some patience and understanding in
> advance should it not.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> Dick

Hi Dick,

I was just looking at what I need to change in a patch that was
against the old SVN revision 2464.

I checked out the code repository using bazaar (which I'm a fan of, I
really like local branching! :)):

$ bzr branch lp:kicad bzr-head

which gives the following output:

"Branched 2343 revisions"

So the following:

$ bzr diff -r 2464

fails with the output:

"error: requested revision u'2464' not found in branch...."

Which seams reasonable given only 2343 revisions are branched. Back
over in the latest sourceforge SVN copy, a quick svn info outputs
"Last changed ref 2518" and under my local svn copy:

$ svn diff -r 2464

works okay and gives me the expected output.

So, I am wondering if the revision numbering has got a bit skewed and
if this is something we're aware of?

I just thought I'd raise this now just in case something has gone
wrong with the transfer.

Best Regards,

Brian.