Building strings

Hi,

When parsing my language po file to try to improve it, I found some strings
very difficult to translate because lack of context.

As a sample, here is something that developers don't have to do, a building
sentence using "Tips and  tricks", beacause it is finally untranslatable.

librari.cpp, line 702

    if( aDisplayDialog )
    {
        msg  = _( "Component " ); msg += Name_Cmp;
        msg += added ? _( " added in " ) : _( " replaced in " );
        msg += aLibName;
        Affiche_Message( msg );
    }

This code create 3 strings to translate:
- "Component "
- " added in "
- " replaced in "

In the GUI, this code create 2 sentences:

Because the 2 sentences, this isn't a good example to me ;-)
Forget the second (replaced in).

There is 2 strings to translate, 2 strings that build a sentence:
"Component MACHIN added in TRUC."

Translator see only:
- "Component "
- " added in "

not the context of the sentence, even here the sentence...

What does means the string "Component "?
A component?
The component?
Component:

There is a lot of meanings, mostly when strings are shorts.

Such building don't easier tranlators work...

I agree to track and fix such building, but only if a such work can be merge,
and if I can test my fixes before sumitting, so being able to rebuild the
stringg files (*.po and *.mo) to see the changes in the GUI.

See my previous posts ;-)

Regards,
Alain

--