Re: BOM support

On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

The more I look at PyQt4, the better it looks.  It has a python layer on
top of a decent Qt XML library.  How's your python?

Are you sure we aren't imposing too much dependencies?

We have wxWindows (and that's ok, the primary toolkit);
then python (reasonably diffused, with issues about which version to use
- I'd go with python 2 if you want a vote)
Now PyQt4 which in turns requires Qt... (and Qt isn't exactly light:P)

You could always add a Java part to a Gnome program using KDE libs, at
this rate:P (obviously it's a joke otherwise I could try to fit a .NET
component somewhere in there :D)

I don't know python but isn't there 'standard' toolkit for it? like
something already included with the python install. Since we're talking
about utility scripts I guess we wouldn't need very sophisticated UI...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl