Re: eeschema bloc rotate

Le 04/09/2010 13:07, Pascal Baerten a écrit :
Hello all!

Indeed, hierarchical sheet rotation was not straight forward to support, but I finally managed it. :-)
The attached patch support bloc rotation on all objects.

The SCH_SHEET_PIN object is now inherited from HIER_LABEL who simplify somewhat the code.  sheetpin move is working in any
orientation, plot function is updated also.
As hierarchical sheet rotation was asked by Jean-Pierre, it was required to also store extra information in .sch file.
I found a relatively transparent approach to avoid incompatibilities between version:
The format is left unchanged, only the sheet_pin edge property is extended from 'L','R' to 'L','R','T','B' for respectively
Left,Right,Top,Bottom.  Previous versions will read any edge value other than 'R' as 'L' with little complaint.

It would be easy to add hotkey event on hierarchical sheet object for rotate and mirror (without block selection), but this is
behond the scope of adding support of block rotation and this patch is already large enough.

I tested this patch with sheets containing various objects, editing and plot functions are OK also. But I don't have really
complex shematics to extensively validate everything. your experience maybe helpful.

I hope this contribution will be useful to many!

regards

Pascal