Re: Compiling fails on XML class on Apple OS X with wxWidgets 2.9-svn - Part 2

On 09/07/2010 04:41 AM, Martijn Kuipers wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I just encountered the same problem as Jerry compiling Kicad on OSX with wxWidget SVN (around 2.9.1), see here:
> https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg05158.html
>
> It is exactly the same error, which is not weird as I followed his instructions to the letter.
>
> Jerry, anyone: Did you figure out how to solve this?
>
> Cheers,
> Martijn

I think there could be a bug in the wxWidgets build and install script
and/or package for your OS (and possibly linux).

If you do a

$ cd /svn/wxWidgets

$ find . -name '*expat*'

you see that wxWidgets is nesting a SVN checkout of expat into their tree.

Yet who installs this library?   I think the problem is basically that
expat is not being installed, simple as that.

IMO the problem in is in the wxWidgets *package* for your OS (and
linux), which should probably have a dependency in it for expat.

Dick