Re: New Layers was: [Have you tried design spark?]

On 10 September 2010 23:10, Karl Schmidt <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brian F. G. Bidulock wrote:
>>
>> I changed the integer layer number to a LAYER_ID with conversion to and
>> from int and the bit mask to a LAYER_SET with overloaded bit mask
>> operators.  The number of copper layers is now rather arbitrary (some
>> 64,367).
>>
>> New layers added are Plating, HoleFill, KeepOut, ViaPlug, Contacts,
>> PeelMask, Finish, Courtyard, Component, Coating, Probe, Fixture.
>
> There was a distinction between copper layers and tech layers - I'm assuming
> these are all 'tech layers'?  or is this still a valid distinction?
>
> I put it on my wiki - can you check that I'm not misleading?
>
> http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Pcbnew#Layers

Karl,

This is misleading, yes. Brian is working on a non-public codebase
that he maintains, and he informs the main KiCad developers list with
snippets of what he has done. Everything Brian is working on is
currently unavailable as it is not currently in the KiCad development
branch.

As Dick has pointed out, Copper and Component were changed quite a
while ago to be Front and Back instead which are more reasonable layer
names.

Best Regards,

Brian.