Re: New part file format document.

On 12/16/2010 10:33 AM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 10:22 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>>> Conceptually its a merge action so the syntax would look like:
>>>
>>> (pin_merge PIN_LIST)
>> The danger on the mailing list, or in any conversation, is not adequately reading or
>> listening.
>>
>> This is not a bad idea.  If we can have the above verb, i.e. "_merge" during parsing mean:
>>
>> 1) hide all pins but the first by toggling a flag in the pin C++ structure.
>>
>> 2) and control how the netlist is generated later
>>

>> Then you are done.  The idea may actually be good after all.
>>
>> We need to avoid having to parse during DRAWING of the part, that would be a bad
>> design, but I think we've steered clear of that with this option.
> Makes sense to me.  The only question left to answer is do we limit pin merge
> to inherited parts only or do we allow it anywhere.

If in the PART class, we support a list of lists:

i.e. list of merge lists in binary form, then they can be carried forward in the

PART::Inherit( PART* base ) function just fine from base parts.  This function is
essentially an application specific

PART:: operator=()

like function.  It needs to copy all the pins, even onces hidden via merge in base,
and the already parsed binary merge lists.

PART::Format(?)  should be do-able also, I will put some ideas into design.h soon on that.

Commas:  not really used in s-expressions, got whitespace for separation of list elements.