Re: Observation of Exceptional Performance

On 1/6/2011 2:40 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
> Le 06/01/2011 17:22, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> Dick,
>>
>> Wow!  I don't know what to say.  You are certainly welcome.  It has been my
>> privilege to have the opportunity to contribute to Kicad.  I thank you
>> personally for making that possible.  I've always enjoyed working on projects
>> with knowledgeable people who are passionate about their work.  I hope I can
>> continue find the time to contribute and make a difference.
>>
>> Most of the changes I have made are not terribly impressive taken individually.
>>   However, over time they add up.  I just think in order to take advantage of
>> some of the new things like your Sweet or Torsten's GAL code, the code base
>> needs to cleaned up to make those transitions manageable.  I will continue to
>> chip away at that task.
>>
>> I'm glad to see more developer interest in Kicad and I'm looking forward to
>> working with our new developers.  The future of Kicad certainly looks bright.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> On 1/6/2011 10:14 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>>
>>> I would like to take this time to publicly thank Wayne Stambaugh for his
>>> tremendous accomplishments in Kicad in recent months.
>>> Thanks Wayne!
>>>
>>> Dick
>>>

> Well, I can say "tremendous accomplishments in Kicad" is an understatement.

Thank you JP.  I appreciate the acknowledgment of my efforts.

> Wayne, you have rewritten most of Eeschema.

There is still just a "bit" more to clean up to do in EESchema before I turn my
attention to PCBNew ;)  My next major milestone is to replace the all internal
linked lists with C++ containers in EESchema.  Most of the work I've done over
the last few months has been in preparation for that transition.

> This work allows developers to add now these new and complex things.
>
> I am sure in next months, users (who cannot always see the advantage to have a
> better code) will see the benefit of this hard work.
>
> Once time again, Thanks Wayne.
>
> I believe I was lucky to meet all Kicad contributors, and especially Dick and
> Wayne.
> Yes, I was (and I am) lucky.

The feeling is mutual.  Thank you for allowing me to contribute to Kicad.